Lay of the Land Inc - Covid-19 Coronavirus Policies and Procedures as of March 18, 2020
Lay of the Land is implementing the following policies and procedures and is asking for full cooperation from all staff members and subcontractors while we navigate the Covid-19 Coronavirus pandemic.
- 1. Hand sanitizer stations will be placed at the yard, office, in trucks and the install trailer. We ask all employees to use the stations any and all times they leave or enter the office, the yard, any time they leave or enter a new jobsite premise and / or throughout the day if on the jobsite for an extended period of time.
- 2. Sanitizing wipes will be provided for all trucks. Wipe your equipment handles down at least once a day and wipe all truck steering wheels, gear shifters, light and radio switches once a day
- 3. Wash hands with soap and water or foaming soap before and after all lunch and coffee breaks. The soap will be provided for all trucks. Make sure to follow the 20 second rule with soap and hot water and if hot water is not available for washing, follow your hand washing with some hand sanitizer.
- 4. All garbage and wipes paper towels, etc. mut go into a bin and into the garbage at the end of a shift. This includes all site garbage.
- 5. Practise Social Distancing to limit all contact with customers and non-staff members. This means a simple wave is appropriate to a customer and limit all non-essential public places such as grocery stores, convenience stores or fast food restaurants during times of high use. Schedule lunch breaks around high volume times and anytime you leave or enter a public place use a hand sanitizing wipe or sanitizing solution before operating your vehicle or piece of equipment. It’s very important to remember to bring your lunch and break foods with you as we try to eliminate unnecessary stops and points of contact.
- 6. Outside of work please limit all non-essential places of use such as shopping malls, restaurants, places of worship, gatherings of more than 25 people or places where you may end up being closer than 2m to someone.
- 7. Limit all non-essential shop / office time and observe social awareness amongst fellow employees.
- 8. Limit all non-essential contact with anyone who has travelled outside of Canada and returned after March 10, 2020, including family and friends.
- 9. Report any illness you or your family members may experience and go to the Ministry of Health web site and take the self assessment and begin self isolation
- 10. DO NOT COME TO WORK IF YOU ARE FEELING ILL IN ANY WAY. PLEASE REPORT YOUR ILLNESS TO YOUR SUPERVISOR AND FOLLOW APPROPIATE INSTRUCTIONS. THIS APPLIES TO COUGHS, COLDS, FLUS AND ANY OTHER ILLNESS YOU MAY EXPERIENCE.
THESE ARE UNPRECEDENTED TIMES, STAY SAFE AND STAY HEALTHY!
Why Professional Garden Care is Right For You
A large contributing factor to making your house a home is having the perfect garden. The landscaping outside your Ancaster home deeply impacts curb appeal and how you feel about your home, overall. […]
Dundas Landscaping Tips From The Pros
Dundas Landscaping pros at Lay of The Land are often asked about how to develop a green thumb. The truth of the matter is that it all comes through educating yourself about plants, insects, climate c […]